July 26, 2018

Character Development Worksheet - Writing Research

Identification key for "Queen Victoria & Royal Family". Photo Credit: M.W. Ridley. 
Illustration from Frank Leslie's illustrated newspaper, v. 44, no. 1137 (July 14 1877). 
 Converted to vector by Offnfopt [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

What your character says, what they do, how they react, etc. in certain situations is all based on who that character is. I personally have an easier time writing a scene when I have a good sense of the different characters, both who each character is and who is "in the room" during that scene.

A while ago, I created a little character development template for myself, that I thought I would share with you. You can find it here. (You can either print the document, download it, or create a copy to use on Google Docs.)

I like to print the pages off, handwrite my notes, and put them in a binder. This makes them easy to add too and flip through the different characters. But you can do it all on your computer if you want.

---
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15EsiVI71RlG3AIdd98qMM6OkrN0i_jl_FHw0aSeMavU/edit?usp=sharing

Back to Writing Research - Main Page


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Royal Novelist's Recommended Reading